FHWA Quality in the Asphalt Pavement Process Workshop
FDOT State Materials Office5007 Northeast 39th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32609-2604
Quality in the Asphalt Paving Process
The FHWA is offering a free 2-day workshop to State highway agencies, contractors, and other stakeholders covering the methods, practices, and potential benefits of a quality-focused asphalt paving program to increase the longevity of asphalt pavements. This interactive workshop presents a practical overview and quantification of what leads to increased quality in the asphalt paving process with real-world examples and data from the Mobile Asphalt Technology Center (MATC) site visits. The workshop is intended to provide a platform for the exchange of information and experiences, and to observe the impact of applying practices that can aid in resolving State-specific issues and concerns with asphalt materials and construction.
What Will You Learn?
The workshop includes Quality Assurance (QA) concepts and practices on material handling, testing, inspection, and the paving process. The following topics are covered:
- Introduction to Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Quality Assurance Acceptance
- Asphalt Materials and Mixture Design
- Asphalt Pavement Construction
- Mixture Production
- Paving Process
- Asphalt Mixture Testing and Evaluation
- Laboratory vs. Construction Site
- Performance Tests
- Emerging Technologies
- Balanced Mix Design (BMD)
- Utilizing Quality Concepts
For More Information:
Who Should Attend?
- DOT Construction Staff (Central & District)
- DOT Materials Staff (Central & District)
- Contractor Superintendents
- Contractor Quality Control Managers
- FHWA Division Office Staff
A variety of attendee backgrounds is helpful for discussion and can enhance the workshop experience.