ACAF is Hiring a President
The Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc is hiring! We are looking for a talented individual to lead our association. Please read the job description below and if you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your resume to the association at [email protected].
President/Executive Director, Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc.
Commensurate Executive Salary
Annual Bonus: Discretion of The Board of Directors
Benefits: Car Allowance, Safe Harbor 401K Plan, Health/Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, Vacation
The President serves as the primary administrator and visionary leader for the Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc. (ACAF), focusing on the long-term growth, success, and sustainability of the asphalt industry in Florida. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President collaborates with industry stakeholders to create a compelling vision and advance a mission that inspires the association's producer members, while also overseeing the association's budget, membership, legislative and technical programs, communications, events, and other activities. The President embraces a forward- thinking mindset, prioritizing industry-wide progress, and resilience in the face of ongoing challenges and changes.
- Working with the board, develop and deliver a compelling vision and mission that resonates with the association's producer members, driving long-term growth and success for the asphalt industry in Florida.
- Cultivate a culture of trust, cooperation, and innovation within the association, supporting producer members in their pursuit of shared goals and ongoing progress.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the ACAF staff and the Board of Directors through effective communication, goal setting, and accountability.
- Inspire the industry to participate in strategic initiatives that advance the association's mission and promote long-term resilience and adaptability.
- Maintain a positive image and relationship and serve as the primary spokesperson to local, state, and federal agencies along with key stakeholders and other industry partners. Identify opportunities for industry growth and collaboration.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the sales of asphalt in Florida, aligning producer members' capabilities with market demand and the association's mission.
- Work with the Board of Directors to create and manage the association's budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to achieve industry growth and sustainability.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies for the Florida Asphalt Contractors PAC, engaging donors, and stakeholders to support the association's advocacy efforts.
Board Support, Administration, and Governance
- Manage day to day operations.
- Oversee board meetings and ensure the agenda and supporting materials are provided in advance.
- Recommend and develop relevant policies and implement them upon Board approval.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director and contract lobbyist to advocate for the asphalt industry in the legislature, and to promote informed decision-making on engineering matters.
- Coordinate and manage all association events.
- Oversee the management of the Florida Asphalt Scholarship Program, ensuring its continued success in supporting the education and development of future industry professionals.
- Oversee the Florida branch of Women of Asphalt. Assist with promotion of events and support.
- Bachelor's degree, higher degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the asphalt industry or non-profit construction industry.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, leadership, and visionary skills.
- Willingness to travel within the state, region, and nationally.
The ideal President will be a strategic, visionary, and resilient leader, committed to the long-term growth and success of the asphalt industry in Florida. They will embrace a forward-thinking mindset, cultivating a culture of innovation and consensus building within the industry, and prioritizing industry-wide progress and resilience. The President will focus on building strong relationships with key stakeholders, promoting collaboration, and inspiring the industry to work together toward a shared mission.