ACAF is Hiring a Technical Director
The Asphalt Contractors Associaiton of Florida, Inc is hiring! We are looking for a talented asphalt engineer to direct the Association's technical initiatives. Please read the job description below and if you would like to be considered or have questions email Mark Musselman at [email protected]
ACAF TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
The Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc. (ACAF) is a nonprofit trade association dedicated to the promotion of asphalt pavement. Its membership is comprised of asphalt producers and companies affiliated with the asphalt industry in Florida.
ACAF is seeking a full-time Technical Director. The Technical Director will report to the Executive Director of the Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc. (ACAF). This individual will provide technical assistance to the staff and membership of the Asphalt Contractors Association of Florida, Inc. in both the public and private arenas.
The Technical Director will be responsible for keeping up with the latest trends and technology in asphalt mix design, pavement design and construction. Some travel will be required to attend regional or national seminars in order to obtain this information.
The Technical Director will be required to participate in all ACAF board meetings and serve as the staff consultant to ACAF Committees, which meet throughout the year. The ACAF office is located in Tallahassee, FL; however, the candidate may work remotely as the position requires statewide travel.
- Frequently represent industry before agency offices (federal, state, cities, and counties)
- Frequently visit proposed and ongoing projects, and member facilities across Florida
- Work with the state agency as specifications are revised
- Lead the ACAF Specifications Committee specification reviews related to asphalt, and keep members up-to-date on the latest specification changes. This will require an in-depth knowledge of the FDOT’s specifications, policies, and procedures
- Attendance at association, county & municipal engineer, and professional meetings
- Increase ACAF’s presence with engineers, architects, and owners to help educate them on new agency practices and specifications
- Promote industry before engineering and construction science management programs at various Florida colleges and universities
- Assist staff with providing technical content for association communications
- Prepare technical reports, articles and bulletins for industry when necessary
- Technical Marketing to include conducting technical trainings and seminars and participating in speaking engagements at industry conferences
- Serve as a technical resource for ACAF members and the public
- Direct ACAF’s research efforts, to include drafting RFPs for research projects and managing research projects outsourced to consultants
- Participate on various technical committees with other partner associations or agencies
- Direct ACAF’s Pavement Awards Program
- Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering (PE Preferred) or Construction Science Management OR a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the asphalt paving industry in either the private or public sector.
- Strong technical background in asphalt design, construction, and maintenance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office (experience using and analyzing Excel preferred)
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task/manage multiple projects
In summary, the main responsibilities of the Technical Director with respect to the above duties would be centered on supporting and marketing the use of asphalt pavement in the state of Florida through his or her technical expertise and providing technical support to members. This is a full-time position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
For more information, please contact Mark Musselman at ACAF at [email protected] or (850)-222-7300. ACAF is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a resume and a list of three professional references to [email protected]